Hi. I’m Peter Sobot - a musician, software developer, and student.
I make music, craft cool (musical) apps, write code and much more.
I make ideas come to fruition.
I’m currently a student in Software Engineering at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario. I’m in my 3B term - that is, the second term of my third year.
In January, I’ll be starting as an intern at Inkling. Most recently, I’ve worked as a co-op at Capcom Game Studio Vancouver . Previously, I’ve also worked at The Working Group, an awesome software development firm in Toronto. Check my résumé for more details.
I tend to be a very productive person. I’ve made a lot of things over the years:
- forever.fm, an infinite online DJNovember 7, 2012
- On Air, my third (free!) solo albumAugust 20, 2012
- NinjaQuote, winner of the 2012 Facebook@UWaterloo HackathonJan. 20-21, 2012
- lndr.me, a laundry tracker for VeloCityJan. 2012
- The Wub Machine, an automatic online music remixerJan. 2011 - now
- SE Hack Day, a hack day for learning May 20, 2011, recurring
- The Idea, my second (free!) solo album May 1, 2011
- How Hipster, a Last.fm music hack for funMarch 31, 2011
- OhJournal, an open-source web journalDec. 2010 - now
- In Code, my second quick chiptune albumJan. 23, 2011
- Eight Bits, an EP of chiptunes made in a dayJan. 9, 2011
- fbimg, a simple Facebook image search Dec. 17, 2010
- A Story Of Flight, my first solo album July 1, 2010
- RoomClerk, my simple space management start-up (defunct)Jan. 2010 - March 2011
- pass it on, a geeky webcomic (defunct) Nov. 2009 - now
- The Atomic Toasters, a cover albumSept. 1, 2009
- polygraph, a PHP graphing calculator Spring 2009
- Sobot Sound, my studio recording and live sound business 2008 - 2011
- Peter Sobot Web Design, my web design & development firm 2003 - 2010
You should follow me on twitter here and, more importantly, on github.
Get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.